This Webinar, led by Professor and SAGE author Michàlle Mor Barak, focuses on the advantages of applying a global lens to teaching diversity, equity and inclusion.
The presentation will examine 5 common questions students and colleagues have asked the author over the years regarding diversity, equity and inclusion. These include questions such as:
• What is the difference between diversity, equity, and inclusion and why are they often stated as one term?
• Why should we care about global trends if we practice within our country?
• How is corporate social responsibility related to DEI?
• What does environmental justice have to do with DEI?
• What is an Inclusive Organization and how can we promote inclusion in our workplace?
Research supports the benefits of DEI in organizations for individuals, groups, and the organization as a whole. The author will provide this information and will present her original model, pointing to additional advantages to society as a whole. She will also point to the challenges, difficulties and obstacles in the DEI practice.
Finally, Professor Mor Barak will share some ideas for classroom activities and assignments that promote the understanding of DEI in organizations.